Career seekers & changers: Become a Registered Apprentice
- Sprinkler Fitter
- Construction Craft Laborer
Occupation and industry data extracted from USDOL for Fiscal Year 2021 .
- Clinical Chiropractic Assistant
- Community Health Worker
- Direct Support Professional
- Shop Iron Worker
- Certified Nursing Assistant
What are registered apprenticeships?
A Registered Apprenticeship is a job! An apprentice is an employee who earns a paycheck while attaining skills through on-the-job mentoring from a qualified mentor and related technical instruction in a classroom or online. Apprenticeship prepares and trains you - the worker - to meet the employer's needs. As an apprentice your wage will increase as you learn more skills and progress through your training. An apprenticeship can be as short as one year or as long as six years, depending on the occupation.
Benefits for Apprentices
- Individuals get paid work experience, training, decreased student debt, and can turn a job into a career.
- A paycheck
- Hands-on career training
- An education
- A career
- National Industry Certification
Benefits for Employers
- Employers gain specifically trained, qualified, and loyal employees.
- Skilled employees tailored to employer’s needs
- Higher productivity and knowledge transfer
- Payroll and training cost savings
- A systematic approach to training
- Reduced turnover rates
- Lower recruitment costs
- A pipeline of skilled workers
- Improved safety
Apprenticeship in Action
Find an Apprenticeship
Contact us for assistance finding an open apprenticeship program that’s right for you!
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person or by phone at your local Job Center,
- Search “apprentice” in “Alaska” through AlaskaJobs.
- You can also review registered apprenticeships in Alaska using USDOL’s Apprenticeship Finder: Apprenticeship Finder | Jobs in Alaska and Apprenticeship Finder | Alaska Programs & Sponsors.
Not finding the occupation or program you’re looking for? Talk to your employer or an employer in your occupational field about the possibility of training through apprenticeship! Our staff at email@example.com or our Statewide Apprenticeship Office at (907) 269-3729 can help your employers through the apprenticeship program process.